THE BEST PORTABLE BASKETBALL HOOPS 2017
Basketball is one of the most celebrated sports in the world. Almost everyone enjoys watching the fun game if not giving it a try at the court. You will always find basketball courts filled to the brim with spectators of all ages both young and old. Its popularity arises from the fact that it does not require a lot to start playing as compared to most other sports. As a result, the fun does not end in the court as you can still practice at home on your driveway and so on. Other than the basketball itself, a hoop is the most important entity of the sport as this is where you score. Now, there are three types of hoops namely: In-ground, wall mounted and portable hoops.
An In-ground hoop is one that is permanently fitted by cementing the pole of the hoop into the ground on the court. It is rigid and sturdy. A wall mounted hoop, just like the name suggests, is mounted on the wall or any other upright structure. A wall mount is more of a space saver and ideal for people who just like practicing for fun. A portable hoop on the other hand, and which forms our topic of discussion today is one that can be completely moved from one place to another. The base is normally filled with either sand or water to give it the rigidness and stability to withstand the impact of the ball. There are many reasons why you would want to choose a portable basketball hoop some of which we have highlighted below:
- With a portable hoop, you can play from anywhere with no restriction of the court.
- Portable hoops come as a complete system which also allows upgrades depends on the needs. For instance, those who love slam-dunks can add breakaway rims.
- They are equipped with wheels underneath which facilitate easy moving.
- They are less expensive as compared to In-ground hoops.
- If in your school you have a single indoor arena, portable hoops allow you to use the court for other games thus convenience is assured.
Let’s now have a look at the 5 Best portable basketball hoops 2017:
The lifetime 1221 Pro court is an amazing hoop perfect for home use. It features a 44-inch backboard polyethylene which renders it virtually unbreakable. The Lifetime 1221 has a classic basketball rim and a 27 Gallon court base. The post is designed with a telescopic technology that allows height adjustments from 7.5-10 feet allowing younger enthusiasts to practice their shots. The Lifetime 1221 is quite easy toassemble and install. The most amazing aspect of the 1221 pro court is that it is budget friendly. At a price range of under $100 and with so much to offer, you can not go wrong with this one. The only drawback with this hoop is that when it is full, it is somewhat heavy to move around and requires a little more effort to get it moving on its wheels. However, the weight is perfect for the stability.
2. Lifetime 1269 Pro Court Height-Adjustable Portable Basketball SystemThe Lifetime 1269 is yet another amazing hoop from Lifetime. The Lifetime 1269 features a 44inch shatter proof board thanks to the high-density polyethylene which guarantees its stability and durability. The board is also fitted with fade resistant graphics which gives it an appealing look. The classic rim features a nylon net that is suited for both indoor and outdoor use. The pole is height-adjustable and all weather resistant thanks to a powder coated rust resistant finish. The Lifetime 1269 has a sturdy base that fills with 27 gallons of water or sand. The 1269 lies in between the $100-$200 price bracket and you get a 5-year warranty.
This hoop features a 52-inch mackrolon board that is shatterproof since it’s made of polycarbonate material as opposed to the polyethylene in the 1221 and 1269. The board is clear giving it a stylish classic look and feel. Additionally, the hoop has a patented pneumatic power lift system that allows you to adjust the height quickly. The rim is made of solid steel making it unbreakable and unbendable for slam-dunk enthusiast. At the base, it is fitted with two double compression springs for spring-back action. The base has a capacity of 35 gallons which can be filled with either sand or water. The high capacity provides more stability and sturdiness. The only drawback is that once the 35-gallon base is filled with water, it becomes extremely heavy and may require an extra hand to move it around. The price is somewhat pocket troubling, but with all the extras it is worth it.
4. Lifetime 90061 Portable Basketball System, 52 Inch Shatterproof BackboardThis portable basketball hoop features a 52-inch steel frame with a superior shatterproof backboard made of high-density polyethylene. The hoop has a front adjust adjustment mechanism that allows easy height adjustment. The 90061 is coated with a rust-resistant all-weather making it convenient for both indoor and outdoor use. It also features a Slam-it rim with a durable all-weather nylon net. The assembly is somewhat challenging, but once you wrap your head around it, the system will never come apart again. The hoop lies in between the $300-$500 bracket, but it’s worth the price.
5. Spalding NBA “The Beast” Portable Basketball System – 60″ Glass BackboardJust like the name suggests, this is a ‘beast’ both in its design and functionality. This amazing hoop by Spalding features a 60-inch glass backboard. The ¼ inch tempered glass board has a steel frame trimmed in aluminum rendering it completely shatterproof. The base features a 50-gallon capacity which when filled provides all the strength, stability and rigidity required for a thrilling experience during play. The base is designed purely for security mobility and better performance. It features 4-strut pole mounts and a multi-wheel system for easier movements. Additionally, the system provides a breakaway pro-image rim. The hoop height can be adjusted from 7.5-10 feet to cater for all ages. The Spading 60 inch Glass is in the price range of above $1000. It is by far the best portable basketball hoop and also the most rigid. I’d recommend you give it a try.
ConclusionThere goes our list of the top five Best portable basketball hoops 2017. It is our hope that you will find this article helpful and will help you make the right choice when buying your next portable hoop. To wrap it up, here are a few tips to consider when looking for a portable basketball hoop:
• Quality of material
• Installation procedure
• Price, and most importantly
• Manufacturers’ warranty
Portable basketball hoops have changed the face of basketball completely, do not wait any longer, grab yours today for you and your family and enjoy the sport.